According to surveys conducted by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, corporations lose 5 percent of their annual revenue to fraud. Applying this percentage to 2017 Gross World Product of $79.6 trillion, projected global fraud in 2017 amounted to $4 trillion. The majority of occupational fraud (89 percent) is perpetrated by asset misappropriation. This includes theft of cash through skimming and cash larceny, fraudulent disbursements, and the misuse of inventory or other assets. As a Certified Fraud Examiner, the founder of our firm has forty years of experience identifying techniques and schemes used by fraudsters.
How We Can Help
- Identification of techniques and schemes used by fraudsters, quantification of impact, and compilation of evidential support of findings.
- Interviewing of law enforcement officials and witnesses.
- Use of digital forensics to recover and preserve missing or hidden files.
- Search and recovery of missing assets.
- Design, implementation, and testing of anti-fraud controls.
- Identification and quantification of bankruptcy fraud.
- Identification of overstated assets and understated liabilities.
- Discovery of asset misappropriation.
- Discovery of fictitious (ghost) payroll or vendors.
- Discovery of theft of intellectual property.
- Discovery of healthcare, insurance, and banking fraud.